onsdag 26. mars 2014

Home again

(Beautiful sunset. Sorry about the dirty car window...!)

Home again. Rainy this time.

When I arrived home in Norway in January I was literally blown away, this time in March I was hit by the most incredible downpouring of rain! But it was really good to be home again, unlike last time. ...until I got sick after a week. 

Restart. Unplanned break. Boredom.

It took me by surprise because it had been a week and I was over jetlag, so I didn´t see it coming - and actually I got quite sick too, not over-in-a-day-kinda-sick!! All together over a week was spent mostly in bed or on the coach and in the start, of course, I was afraid I'd go mental.

Being sick is sooooo boring!!
You realize there's mostly crap on TV and reading a book makes your headache even worse. Then you get too much time to think and your mind starts spinning!!

But a couple of days into being sick and bored, I realized something really cool laying on the couch. That my body and mind actually were tired, and how I now had the best excuse to rest and relax, not even feeling like I should clean the apartment or go grocery shopping. I just had to stay there, and it started to feel really good. I started thinking about how our body and mind work so amazingly and getting sick sometimes is a signal to slow down or a much needed break from a busy life. I started to feel really thankful and happy laying there, at peace with myself, letting my thoughts wander anywhere - knowing my worth is not in what I do or accomplish or even in what I am to others, but it´s in just being me. I felt lucky to get a little break. A restart. A chance to have hours of hours to sleep, relax, think, digest and process all my travels and all that´s happened in my family the last year and much more.


But now I´m well again (crashing the library and various cafées again!) and I´m so happy to be healthy and well. I´m so glad to breathe in the cold spring air that you don´t get in Hawaii, to see the beautiful sun set later and later and the naked nature wake to life.

And for now, I´m really happy about being home again!

  
(I really have to do something about that window...)


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar