mandag 21. juli 2014

Pictures of the week!

Another week is over, filled to the max with so many impressions and happenings, talks and teaching, so much learning and getting to know people. I still don´t know all my students´ names, especially the mens´, I must admit, but I love love love getting to know these people!! That gets better every day!


And I got this!! Finally! Can you see this, everyone?!? Mom? Magnar? Anyone that has gone with me through one of my accidents where I did not have a helmet? It is actually quite amazing I survived and turned out not-too-head-damaged (or that could probably be debated!) from all my accidents when not having a helmet!!! But now I do. And it is amazing how it changes how I feel when I ride, I never thought I would. I actually feel a lot safer. Yeah, I look like a dork, and I definitely feel like one, and hope nobody recognizes me, but the safety is worth it. I´d rather be a safe dork than no dork at all. Funny I had to get this old to understand why people wear helmets!

Girls night in some of the students´ room. Here they´re doing some game called "Canadian Oreo?" (Never heard of it before.) After that we watched "Mean girls". American girls are hysterically funny, kind of like from movies (well, some of it, some of them...) And mixing that with Korean, Rachel from Bangladesh, a Norwegian girl, Egypt, Switzerland.... it becomes even more fun.

Reading Proverbs (Ordspråkene) in my new favorite café: Kona coffee and tea company. So love to come there, the café being only half full and nobody I know is around. It´s awesome to go there and chill and just read!

Our lounge right in the back in our outdoor classroom in a tent. It´s awesome and so creative, and amazing things happen in this place every day!! This week a speaker is coming to teach on: The Father heart of God. I´ve heard it before, at least 2-3 times, but it never gets old. I am very excited.

And these are the countries we are going to in the end of September!! It was announced late this week, and it was crazy! Even though I´m not going with them (but on my own little outreach to South Korea), I am so excited about seeing them go into these nations and making a difference.

In a sudden moment of confidence I decided to color my nails flashy gold!! And my toenails baby pink. There are hardly any girls on this campus that do not paint their nails, it is really weird to me. One of my fellow staff said this was outright ugly to her: A girl without her toenails painted!! I just thought - then you really should come to Norway in the summer....

Besides amazing talks with students, so many laughs and learning so much about so many things, still ups and downs, the definitely top of the week was meeting this girl, Ashley. I went to the shopping place `Macy´s´ all hot and sticky, kind of rushing since I don´t like shopping for clothes, in a hurry to get a hat (caps) and some new flip flops. I was a bit annoyed, because I forgot the hat I have at home and I lost my nice flip flops Christina gave me for Christmas and I´ve been looking all over.... okey, so anyways, this really nice girl was behind the counter!! And we just started talking as she was helping me pay for the stuff, asking all kinds of questions about what I was doing here, and what I was studying and so forth. Then she ended up giving me a huge discount on the hat and shoes, me only having to pay about 60% of the original cost. And before I left I just mentioned that she could have my number in case she was ever near by me, and we could go for a coffee or something.... not thinking it really would ever happen. Her respond was - and I love it - "I have one hour break right now. Wanna go for lunch?!" I was like: "Sure.... what´s your name, by the way?"

I love this!! This could never happen in Norway. I love smiling to people I meet on the streets, saying hi, and that you can just go with a total stranger for lunch, just like that, and who knows, maybe we´ll meet again and really be friends!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar