søndag 31. august 2014

A time to - buy a condo!

It´s 1997... and 1998.... and 1999 and 2000 and I´m rushing from the base where I live, and over to the Royal Kailuan condos - to watch a movie, to jump in the pool with some friends, to babysit somebody´s kids or just to hang out with people I know in the various apartments there. It´s so close to where I live; on base in dorms with 2-7 room mates, and it´s so nice. I love the pool, I love that it´s quiet there and that it is so close to my whole world on base. Several times I think about how great it would be to live here, but never ever thinking about how it could happen. `Cause it sounds impossible, the thought doesn´t even hit me - ever.

But this week - the first of September in 2014, I will be the proud owner of an apartment there!! 17 years after I first set foot there. It´s nothing short of a miracle, I am not even sure of how it happened, and I am so thankful and blown away by it. I can´t believe I´m gonna own my own apartment in Hawaii, and that I get to call it my home. A place of my own, a place to draw back, to invite friends into, to share, a place for rest as well as parties. I can´t believe it´s about to be mine!


It´s happened fast and it´s been a ride, but it hasn´t come easy. I wonder if anything valuable ever comes easy...? It´s been a test of patience, I´ve viewed and signed hundreds of documents, I´ve learned more about Hawaiian and American real estate than I´ve ever known about Norwegian, I´ve gone through inspections, looked at tenfolds of different places, and spent a lot of time with banks and realtors... and a whole deal of praying too! It´s been delays all the way, but somehow now, after waiting an extra 11 days for a document to reach Norway, it seems like the perfect timing to move in. It was so delayed, but somehow it´s gonna be perfect! Now I have a place where people could actually come and visit and stay if they want to!! I´m so excited!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar