søndag 24. august 2014

Students and kids all around!

So the last two weeks have been C R A Z Y busy, that´s why I haven´t blogged in a while. The days run by so fast and weeks sprint away! But let me share just a little of what has happened these two weeks.


I absolutely love being staff in the school I´m in! And one of my roles is to organize some events.
I had been helping out planning a weekend at a retreat place called Makapala. We went there in some cool traditional American school buses (the ones like in the movies!); 101 people all in all and had a fun weekend with rest, games, stargazing at night, good teaching and good food. It ended up being a really restful and bonding time together. I just enjoy being away from town for a while, surrounded by nature everywhere! The stars at night were so bright and clear. And afterwards I just felt so relieved that the trip went well; no one hurt, everyone safely home.





I´m starting to really love these guys. They challenge and teach me and bless me in so many ways. I love how they are changing and growing, and the youthful crazy spirit that makes them do amazing and unexpected things. And yes, it may sounds like I´m 50, but they remind me of my youth, my years of being 18-19! It reminds me of my own Discipleship training school, my radicalness and idealism and my craziness! I miss it, and I love seeing them just taking it all out! (On my Facebook-page I just put up a really good video a student from the school made, it shows just so much more of who we are.) 

Living with these guys gives me hope for the next generation and for our future. Diligence, discipline, free spirits, fun-loving, deep, intentional, wise, on-fire are just a few words that describe them! I feel privileged to get to know them and help with what I can.


Bri and Zade. Love these girls, and hanging out in their room. On the first picture it´s Zade modeling our "Awaken bracelet".

I´ve also babysat these cute guys a couple of times and had a great time drawing, hanging out, watching movies... and trying to get them to sleep! Wow I respect any Mom and Dad that do this every night! 


Here are the two youngest kids, Opal and Rosy. I don´t know who´s the most tired here on the last picture, before I finally got her to sleep. YES!

So - besides my time in school going well, beach days, tons of coffee cups at the café, new friends, being constantly challenged and changed... there´s been a lot of other things going on as well. Lots... I´ll share more about it - probably in my next blog post! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar