tirsdag 30. september 2014

Spilling queen!

I´m back in school, back studying and the adjustments this time around have been really hard. Sometimes I feel my life is a whirlwind and I have to go along even though it´s so chaotic. Other times I feel it´s like no breeze at all, nothing much is happening and I´m kinda bored. 


I just have to include this random picture of my coffee stained shirt. I think I took a picture of it because it was my third time spilling in one hour - all in public!! It was awful! First at McDonalds - my paper jar of ketchup hitting the floor, all over and on my books as well, then knocking over my Sprite while trying to reach for something, and 30 minutes later walking around in Walmart with my coffee and too many groceries in my hands and my bag on my shoulder and no cart (don´t you hate when you´re just suppose to get 2 things and don´t need a cart, and end up carrying 10 items in your arms?!) Well it didn´t go too well trying to get chicken out of the freezer, not putting my groceries and coffee down. Of course I spilt! All over the floor, my grey shorts and white shirt!! A clerk came hastily to my assistance, looked a little weird at me with all my stuff and nothing to put it in... and I could say nothing but sorry. It seems like I never learn!


This is me last night, just chillin´ on my couch. Apartment is coming along nicely, though I realize I don´t have potential to being an interior designer!! I miss having my sister here... or Cathrine... og even Gunn Rakel... girls that love this and are good at it!! I barely want to point at something in a store and say I want it, let alone having to get it home, walk it up stairs and spend hours putting it together. It´s not my strength. But every time I do, I feel like I´ve conquered something and that I´m not as hopeless as I sometimes fear. When I put together these two shower curtains and rings I was actually really happy with myself. Along with decorating my new drawer and organizing books and papers in it, I can tell it´s changing my rooms and making them more home, more me! How can I be so persistent on wanting guys to partake in "girls´ jobs" if I´m not willing to get my own hands `dirty´?! 


So my life as a student has started. I began studying "The history of happiness" a couple of weeks ago and am really getting into it! For me it´s a "fun study", one that I don´t have to do, and is not part of my master, and I would have never thought that this could be an academic topic before I got into it. It is really interesting. I keep telling my room mate Sam about it and she really wants to read it for fun also. Who knew the history of happiness had such an interesting past and story! What is really happiness? How has it been formed and how do we look at it now compared to before? After reading just 90 pages it´s mainly been asking interesting questions and started to go back where the story starts, at least in Western perspective, to the ancient Greeks and how foundations for today´s view and search for happiness began and how it was viewed before that. I wouldn´t be surprised if there´ll be several blogposts about this theme later on! Maybe it will change your view on it a little, like it´s changing mine?

The other study, which is part of my master, is about something totally different. It´s basically methodology for science and how to do research and field study for a master thesis or field work. I´m starting to get into it, it´s not a pageturner, like the other book, but important for me to go through before my field work next year!!

Much reading to come!

So long! (I´ll try not to spill my hot coffee all over my books and computer here at my favorite café Kona coffee and tea company!)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar