onsdag 18. februar 2015

Living life together

Living life together with your friends is kind of amazing. It´s more than "doing things together", more than "working together" or "sharing", to me it means to have someone so close that they know the good and the bad, allowing them to see my weaknesses, someone I can call 3 a.m in the morning when I´m in trouble, and someone who keeps me accountable and tell me if I´m doing something wrong. It also means working together towards a common goal, and going through challenging times. I think it means sharing meals, sometimes sharing money, and car and beds or whatever is needed, and putting others above yourself. It is allowed to be an individual, but it´s seeking the good for everyone, the good for the community, and finding out how we can act collectively, not just as individuals. It means believing in someone greater than yourself, and to make life better for someone outside yourself.

I´m so lucky to be living life like this with several people, in communities in Norway, Hawaii, and now Korea. These people mean the world to me, and without them, I´m less than half of me. Since I started finding out that this was possible - around 2003 and onwards - my life has been totally transformed. I don´t even know how I was doing friendship before this...

Last week two of these people came from Hawaii to Korea to live life with me here, and my stay on a scale went from 6 to 10. After 4 good, but challenging weeks I was no longer alone! We laugh and joke so much, pray for each other, encourage each other and have so much inside humor already. And in between we try to do some work also!! Alea speaks Chinese and translates some of the interviews for me, and Kayla... well, she´s just being Kayla, and that is enough. After some weeks here we´ll go back to Hawaii, and continue life together there. I am blessed!


  
At least ONE picture of Kayla smiling, at one of the endless cafées we go to!

  
Some quality Skype-time with my favorite sister and favorite Bella. I can´t wait to see you cuties again soon!


Chinese and Korean Bibles!! Just A LITTLE BIT different from English and Norwegian!! How am I ever gonna learn to read these?!


At one of the churches we´ve visited (Kayla, you´re smiling again!) with a famous Korean jazz singer!

More café-dates. We DO work some too, it´s not JUST about drinking coffee and hanging out!!


Last but not least - we went to an art show at Kintex, Seoul. It was incredible to meet up with artist and artist manager Anna, learn from her, and watch the exhibition together. I can´t wait for the future!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar